Are you looking for something MORE than just a pharmacy job? At Northern/Northmart, you get to make a real difference every day, with incredible compensation package that's unmatched. All of this, in communities where you're appreciated for what you do, where your expertise directly impacts people's quality of life, where you'll build meaningful connections with your patients.
The North West Company is hiring Regulated Pharmacy Technician to support remote communities in northern Canada.. Candidates must currently be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Our mission: “To advance and provide comprehensive and innovative patient-centered health services to under-served and hard to reach regions.”
- A great salary
- And more.
Joining NWC gives you the opportunity to have a rewarding career with opportunities for growth and development and to do meaningful work everyday. You will find yourself working in a community where you are not only appreciated, but needed. You will work reasonable hours, and have the time to build meaningful connections with the patients in your care. We even have and encourage employment opportunities for spouses to have this adventure together!
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Visit northwest.ca for more information.
In your role as a Regulated Pharmacy Technician, you will provide excellence in patient-centered, outcome-focused care by ensuring patient safety through accuracy and quality of product preparation and release. You will collaborate with the pharmacist(s) in the promotion of wellness, disease prevention, and chronic disease management.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Comply with federal and provincial regulatory laws, including Standards of Practice, policies and guidelines, and professional standards
- Receive and process prescriptions, maintaining patient confidentiality and following legal/regulatory conditions
- Perform computer functions such as data entry, price checks, and prescription processing
- Fill prescriptions, including selecting products, labeling and organizing, and referring inquiries to the pharmacist
- Maintain inventory control, including ordering drugs and supplies, checking for expired medications, and maintaining stock levels
- Maintain supplies and clerical organization, including stocking supplies, cleaning equipment, and filing prescriptions, invoices, and reports
We create a collaborative and constructive culture by:
- Registered with Provincial Licensing College
- Successful completion of PEBC Qualifying exam (written & practical)
- Successful completion of Provincial Jurisprudence exam
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good English communication skills
- Experience with Pharmacy software (Kroll)
- Being Enterprising • Committing to our Customer • Working with Passion • Leading and Developing Others • Demonstrating Respect and Inclusivity • Building Trust
The North West Company is committed to inclusion and diversity and encourages applications from all candidates including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, and persons with disabilities.
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Join us today, and embark on a fulfilling career where you get to make a difference everyday.