The North West Company is hiring pharmacy assistants to support remote communities in northern Canada.. This is a relocation position, and if you are selected, NWC will provide full financial and logistical relocation support. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Please note that this position is only open to candidates who are already certified by a college or online pharmacy technician school, AND have two or more years of experience as a pharmacy assistant.
Along with relocation assistance, we offer:
● A great salary
● Subsidized housing
● Food allowance
● Paid vacation travel
● And more.
All of this put together means: We take care of most of your everyday expenses, so that you can actually bank what you earn. That means achieving your financial goals much faster, whether that’s paying off student loans, saving for a house, travelling the world, or whatever else you have in mind.
Our mission: “To advance and provide comprehensive and innovative patient-centered health services to under-served and hard to reach regions.”
Joining NWC gives you the opportunity to have a rewarding career with opportunities for growth and development and to do meaningful work everyday. You will find yourself working in a community where you are not only appreciated, but needed. You will work reasonable hours, and will not take your work home with you. In short: you will enjoy excellent work-life balance. We even have and encourage employment opportunities for spouses to have this adventure together!
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Visit northwest.ca for more information.
In your role as the Pharmacy Assistant, you will assist the Pharmacist in the technical aspects of prescription filling and administrative duties in order to increase the Pharmacist’s opportunity to provide patient care. You are expected to deliver superior customer service and to participate in all aspects of Pharmacy Operations as required as a team member.
● Receive prescriptions from patients, follow provincial legal/regulatory conditions, and maintain patient confidentiality;
● Perform computer functions as directed by the Pharmacist, including data entry, price check, patient information entry/update, refills, and report generation
● Fill prescriptions (always under the Pharmacist’s or Regulated Pharmacy Technician’s supervision);
● Select appropriate products, and count, measure, and prepare the products;
● Label and organize prescriptions for Pharmacist, and gain necessary approvals for verbal refills where authorized;
● Facilitate all aspects of Cognitive Services;
● Maintain inventory control;
● Assist Pharmacist in maintaining appropriate stock levels of drugs and supplies, and check for, and pull, expired medications at least monthly, and;
● Maintain supplies and clerical organization.
Desired Skills & Experience:
● Certification from a College/On-line Pharmacy Technician school (accreditation not necessary);
● Two or more years of experience as a Pharmacy Assistant;
● Experience with report generation; and able to prepare receipts, invoices, letters and memos, and general filling;
● Experience filling medication orders, including measuring, mixing, and packaging, labeling, and delivering;
● Ability to work under minimal supervision;
● Competent and efficient with Kroll pharmacy management system
● Experience in retail or administration is an asset;
● Great customer service skills;
● Strong communication skills, both verbally and written, and;
● Policy and procedure driven, with respect and understanding of community differences.
We create a collaborative and constructive culture by:
*Being Enterprising * Committing to our Customer * Working with Passion * Leading and Developing Others * Demonstrating Respect and Inclusivity * Building Trust
The North West Company is committed to inclusion and diversity and encourages applications from all candidates including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, and persons with disabilities.
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.