Are you looking for something MORE than just a pharmacy job? At Northern/Northmart, you get to make a real difference every day, with incredible relocation-incentives, and a total compensation package that's unmatched. All of this, in communities where you're appreciated for what you do, where your expertise directly impacts people's quality of life, where you'll build meaningful connections with your patients.
The North West Company is hiring Pharmacist Manager to support remote communities in northern Canada.. This is a relocation position, and if you are selected, NWC will provide full financial and logistical relocation support. Candidates must currently be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Along with relocation assistance, we offer:
- A great salary
- Subsidized housing
- Food allowance
- Paid vacation travel
- And more.
All of this put together means: We take care of most of your everyday expenses, so that you can actually bank what you earn. That means achieving your financial goals much faster, whether that’s paying off student loans, saving for a house, travelling the world, or whatever else you have in mind.Imagine what you could do if most of your salary went right into your savings account!
Our mission: “To advance and provide comprehensive and innovative patient-centered health services to under-served and hard to reach regions.”
Joining NWC gives you the opportunity to have a rewarding career with opportunities for growth and development and to do meaningful work everyday. You will find yourself working in a community where you are not only appreciated, but needed. You will work reasonable hours, and have the time to build meaningful connections with the patients in your care. We even have and encourage employment opportunities for spouses to have this adventure together!
NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Visit northwest.ca for more information.
In your role as a Pharmacist Manager, you ensure the operational, regulatory, and professional services activities of the pharmacy are met in order to provide excellence in patient-centered, outcome-focused care.
- Comply with Provincial Pharmacy Regulations, and ensure adherence to Provincial Practice Standards and Guidelines within pharmacy;
- Follow Provincial Drug Formulary, and advise Manager, Retail Pharmacy on Provincial Regulatory changes;
- Maintain Patient Confidentiality and follow all practices consistent with the Privacy Act;
- Ensure compliance with NIHB Claims Submission;
- Ensure compliance with Store Operating Procedures as defined by HP&S division, and implement and maintain Operational Standards;
- Manage pharmacy staff, including orientation, training, employee accountabilities, and leadership;
- Provide patient-focused, positive outcome care, with strong efforts to collaborate with healthcare professionals and community agencies within district. Strong emphasis on educating the community; and
- Recognize and develop business opportunities, and understand the importance of building and nurturing relationships within the community, including Healthcare Centers, Nursing Stations, and Physician Clinics.
Desired Skills & Experience:
We create a collaborative and constructive culture by:
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy;
- Licensed by relevant Provincial College of Pharmacists;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision;
- Maintain Continuing Education Requirement for Provincial licensure;
- Effective communication skills to counsel, educate, and instruct patients, staff, and other healthcare professionals;
- Previous management experience (preferably 1 year) and community-oriented;
- Experience with Pharmacy Software Programs, and experience with Kroll is considered as an asset;
- Highly motivated with a passion to bring our communities products and services to live better;
- Ability to manage a team of approximately 2-3 staff; and
- Effective leadership with excellent people skills, and a great ability to build trust and relationships.
The North West Company is committed to inclusion and diversity and encourages applications from all candidates including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, and persons with disabilities.
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Being Enterprising • Committing to our Customer • Working with Passion • Leading and Developing Others • Demonstrating Respect and Inclusivity • Building Trust
Join us today, and embark on a fulfilling career where you get to make a difference everyday.