*Please note: Due to housing, we are looking for TWO people who know each other to fill this position.*
The Alaska Commercial Company (ACC) has exciting opportunities for full-time, permanent employment in retail stores across rural Alaska. This is an excellent opportunity to join a team where your experience and work ethic are appreciated and rewarded. With ACC, you’re encouraged to learn and grow on the job and explore the beauty and culture of the communities where we live and work.
Are you a couple? Friends, siblings, or just two colleagues that get along really well? We are looking for enthusiastic and highly motivated retail professionals who welcome the opportunities for career advancement that we have to offer. If you are customer service leaders with a passion for being part of a hardworking retail team, then this opportunity is for you!
The Alaska Company offers rewarding experiences and unique opportunities for growth.
Each retail team member plays a vital role in our stores and the communities they serve. You will be asked to take care of various tasks throughout the store.
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Taxable housing accommodations
- Relocation Package
- Paid training
Skills and Qualifications:
We’re looking for professional, organized workers with a healthy sense of adventure and a strong knowledge and experience base.
- Share your knowledge, experience, and best practices
- Create team spirit across departments
- Achieve sales goals by planning, adapting, and reacting to changes in the community
- Ordering of various retail products as needed
- Operating cash lanes
- Organizing and creating eye-catching displays
- Executing planograms
- Serving customers and community residents
- A minimum of two years of experience in a high-volume grocery/retail environment
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills with high attention to detail
- Proven organizational, planning, and prioritizing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal skills, and superior customer service skills
- Must have the ability and desire to develop an in-depth understanding of ACC's customers
- Demonstrates a personal and enthusiastic commitment to ACC's vision, mission, values, and strategies
- Highly motivated and adventurous with an appreciation for small-town life in a culturally diverse setting, considered an asset
We’d love to hear from all workers motivated to thrive professionally and personally while making a difference in the communities we serve. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CANDIDATES MUST BE WILLING TO RELOCATE TO RURAL REGIONS OF ALASKA. RELOCATION ARRANGEMENTS WILL BE MADE AND PAID FOR BY THE ALASKA COMMERCIAL COMPANY.
ACC is a growing company with a long history of serving rural Alaskans. For more than 150 years, we have provided groceries and general merchandise to the people of Alaska. As was true more than 150 years ago, our stores continue to be a vital center of local community life. In 1992, the company was purchased by The North West Company (NWC) from then owner The Commercial Enterprise Development Corporation of Alaska. This acquisition by NWC made the combined companies the largest North American rural retailers and one of the largest employers in the State of Alaska. Learn more about ACC: alaskacommercial.com
We create a collaborative and constructive culture by:
- Acting with integrity • Fostering excellence • Respecting others • Working collaboratively • Being accountable
ACC is committed to inclusion and diversity and encourages applications from all candidates, including but not limited to all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, and persons with disabilities.